James and Pete have the episode you need while you navigate the traffic of the climate march. We talk that, the University of Melbourne actively encouraging students to skip class, and then why half of Australia is not welcome at the ABC – especially if they’re Jacinta Price. Our heroes and villains this week include Marianne Williamson, drinking, The Guardian and Fireman Sam. We talk to Victorian LDP politician David Limbrick MP about Fiona Patten’s new free speech bill and the big win the LDP had on nuclear energy this week (17:04-35:51). We then talk to IPA Campus Coordinator Theodora Pantelich about the University of Melbourne’s stance on climate strikes and other horror stories from uni (35:54-45:17) before Theodora joins Bella and Pete for another round of Hey…What Did We Miss – one of the biggest quizzes we’ve done so far (45:17-53:44). At the end, we introduced a new segment called “let’s just wait 3 days” – the correct time wait to determine if an outrageous headline is true or not,, the city of Port Philip declaring a climate emergency…in Bangladesh, and we debate whether Joe Biden’s arch nemesis Corn Pop ever existed.
Formerly known as Young Membership. This membership provides a great foundation to engage with young people across the country in an intellectual debate.
- Weekly Hey… What did I miss? email
- Priority access to IPA events
- Discounted ticket prices to IPA events
- IPA Pen
- IPA keyring
- Four FREE editions of the IPA Review magazine each year
- Regular email update from Executive Director John Roskam
- Regular correspondence on major policy issues
- Updates from the IPA’s leading policy experts as issues develop
- Exclusive Generation Liberty Members only events
- IPA USB
- Special Generation Liberty Member pricing to all IPA events
- FREE copy of an IPA book