Rejoice listeners in New South Wales – the lockout laws are being repealed (probably, sort of)! James and Pete also cover the bill in Victoria which would be “18c on steroids” and the trainwreck interview where Liberal MP Gladys Liu is stumped by the tricky question of whether or not Xi Jinping is a dictator. We also recap our heroes and villains of the week including Dr Peter Ridd, Ringo Starr, Coffs Harbour City Council and the US Embassy in Zimbabwe. Pete sits down with Tim Wilson MP to talk about China, Brexit, the morality of industrial relations and why Tim’s so optimistic (15:21-35:40). We then have another round of Hey What Did We Miss – will Bella complete a hattrick of victories? (35:40-43:37) Then James and Pete talk to anti-lockout laws campaigner Jacqui Munro to talk about what’s next for Sydney’s lockouts (43:37-54:45). At the end, James and Pete cover Extinction Rebellion letting themselves down, Ms Monopoly, Trump rallies didn’t increase hate crimes by 226% and the scientist suggesting cannibalism as a method to stop climate change.
Formerly known as Young Membership. This membership provides a great foundation to engage with young people across the country in an intellectual debate.
- Weekly Hey… What did I miss? email
- Priority access to IPA events
- Discounted ticket prices to IPA events
- IPA Pen
- IPA keyring
- Four FREE editions of the IPA Review magazine each year
- Regular email update from Executive Director John Roskam
- Regular correspondence on major policy issues
- Updates from the IPA’s leading policy experts as issues develop
- Exclusive Generation Liberty Members only events
- IPA USB
- Special Generation Liberty Member pricing to all IPA events
- FREE copy of an IPA book