Australia is making international headlines over Donald Trump’s impeachment saga and the media is losing its mind about it. We talk that and RMIT university giving a Chinese government agency overriding authority over teaching at its Confucius Institute, as well as the upcoming National Driver Licence Facial Recognition Solution which will totally never ever be hacked and the ACT legalising marijuana and we learn it’s difficult to grow in Canberra. Our heroes and villains this week include UFC Octagon girls, Todd Phillips, the Bureau of Meteorolgy and the Victorian justice system. We talk to Daisy Cousens about how Australia got involved in Trump’s impeachment story, why Trump is the greatest troll in the world, Greta Thunberg and Antifa stopping an old lady attending a Dave Rubin event (20:20-37:12). We then talk to IPA Campus Coordinator Angus Heaton about the upcoming Generation Liberty Event ‘The Great Energy Debate: Which power source is best to solve the energy crisis?’ and how his IPA connection led to an outrageous Student Council session (37.15-43:21) before major controversy in another round of Hey What Did We Miss? (43:21-50:51) At the end, we debut the new segment Won’t Someone Please Think Of The Children since Kings Cross will still have lockout laws, Angus Taylor’s all-time comeback to Clover Moore on the ‘climate emergency’ and we break down the results of the Breitbart poll on Trump.
Formerly known as Young Membership. This membership provides a great foundation to engage with young people across the country in an intellectual debate.
- Weekly Hey… What did I miss? email
- Priority access to IPA events
- Discounted ticket prices to IPA events
- IPA Pen
- IPA keyring
- Four FREE editions of the IPA Review magazine each year
- Regular email update from Executive Director John Roskam
- Regular correspondence on major policy issues
- Updates from the IPA’s leading policy experts as issues develop
- Exclusive Generation Liberty Members only events
- IPA USB
- Special Generation Liberty Member pricing to all IPA events
- FREE copy of an IPA book