It’s official – Shutting Australia down for the sake of the coronavirus has Australia heading towards a trillion dollar debt. The coronavirus sent the premiers went off on a race to the bottom – a perverse competition to see who could close the most businesses and destroy the most jobs in the name of ‘doing something’ about the virus. And Scott Morrison made it known that the feds would pay for it all via JobKeeper and sundry other big-ticket spending items. Now, the tab has landed, the bill is due, and Australia is so deeply in debt that our great grandchildren will struggle to pay it off. In this budget night special episode, we are joined by IPA Director of Communications Evan Mulholland and Research Fellow Cian Hussey to talk about the great monstrosity that is the ‘coronavirus budget’, what it means for Australia, and what it means for you.
Formerly known as Young Membership. This membership provides a great foundation to engage with young people across the country in an intellectual debate.
- Weekly Hey… What did I miss? email
- Priority access to IPA events
- Discounted ticket prices to IPA events
- IPA Pen
- IPA keyring
- Four FREE editions of the IPA Review magazine each year
- Regular email update from Executive Director John Roskam
- Regular correspondence on major policy issues
- Updates from the IPA’s leading policy experts as issues develop
- Exclusive Generation Liberty Members only events
- IPA USB
- Special Generation Liberty Member pricing to all IPA events
- FREE copy of an IPA book