We’re back for 2019 and we’re now on Tuesdays! Pete and James talk about the IPA’s new report Australian History’s Last Stand: An Audit of Australian History Teaching at Universities and recap the big news stories over the break, including the US government shutdown, Brexit and the protests in France. We talk to Dr Bella d’Abrera about her new report Australian History’s Last Standand what the findings are and why James and Pete are now scared of her after her holiday (17:35-27:51). We also talk to Anis Rezae on her last day of interning at the IPA as part of the Mannkal Economic Education Foundation program about what it was like working at the IPA (27:59-36:35).
The Institute of Public Affairs is Australia’s oldest and loudest free market think tank. Since 1943, the IPA has been at the forefront of public debate, promoting the values of freedom, free markets, and individual liberty.
By becoming a General member you will receive:
- Four editions of the IPA Review magazine each year
- Discounted tickets & priority access to IPA events
- A regular email update from Executive Director, John Roskam
- Our weekly Hey…What Did I Miss? email
- An IPA pen and keyring
- Regular correspondence on major policy issues
- Updates from the IPA’s leading policy experts as issues develop
With your bonus The Spectator Australia digital subscription you will receive:
- Weekly delivery of the digital edition of The Spectator Australia
- Access to the Spectator Australia app
- Full access to all content on The Spectator website