This week James and Pete talk about Wayne Swan’s opinions on the IPA, university chancellors standing up for free speech on campus, Kanye West’s SNL performance, the academics who showed you can get anything published in journals these days and James’ appearance on The Bolt Report last night. We talk to Senator James Paterson about his two recent articles on red tape and academic free speech and him launching the new book from IPA Research Fellow Matthew Lesh ‘Democracy in a Divided Australia (17:40-33:50). We also talk to the IPA’s Dr Bella d’Abrera about her new article for Quillette, getting her article tweeted out by Dr Jordan Peterson and her upcoming trip to Israel (33:54-48:17).
The Institute of Public Affairs is Australia’s oldest and loudest free market think tank. Since 1943, the IPA has been at the forefront of public debate, promoting the values of freedom, free markets, and individual liberty.
By becoming a General member you will receive:
- Four editions of the IPA Review magazine each year
- Discounted tickets & priority access to IPA events
- A regular email update from Executive Director, John Roskam
- Our weekly Hey…What Did I Miss? email
- An IPA pen and keyring
- Regular correspondence on major policy issues
- Updates from the IPA’s leading policy experts as issues develop
With your bonus The Spectator Australia digital subscription you will receive:
- Weekly delivery of the digital edition of The Spectator Australia
- Access to the Spectator Australia app
- Full access to all content on The Spectator website