This week James and Pete talk about Israel Folau’s campaign being shut down on GoFundMe, Scott Morrison’s big announcement on red tape, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Libra, ITV banning all male comedy teams and Kyle Kashuv being kicked out of Harvard. We talk to former Howard government minister Nick Minchin about the future of sports gambling in Australia, sin taxes and what Scott Morrison needs to do to get into the pantheon of Liberal leaders (22:58-39:47). We then talk to IPA Deanna Vonic in a segment of ‘Get to know IPA Staff’ about her path to the IPA, getting in an online stoush with Clementine Ford and what it’s like working at the IPA (39:50-53:56). At the end of the show we discuss the US Presidential Candidate wanting to dissolve the federal government, John Cusack letting himself down on Twitter and gender stereotypes being banned from UK advertisements.
Formerly known as Young Membership. This membership provides a great foundation to engage with young people across the country in an intellectual debate.
- Weekly Hey… What did I miss? email
- Priority access to IPA events
- Discounted ticket prices to IPA events
- IPA Pen
- IPA keyring
- Four FREE editions of the IPA Review magazine each year
- Regular email update from Executive Director John Roskam
- Regular correspondence on major policy issues
- Updates from the IPA’s leading policy experts as issues develop
- Exclusive Generation Liberty Members only events
- IPA USB
- Special Generation Liberty Member pricing to all IPA events
- FREE copy of an IPA book